This an ALICE compatible canteen cover that was used in the US Military. These canteens first started as the M1967 pattern and evolved, without major changes, to the LC-1 and then LC-2 pattern. These pouches are an improvement over the M67 pouches, being more durable and of better design. The interior is faux fur lined to help keep water cool in hot weather conditions and from freezing in cold weather. Canteens are secured with a button snap flap that wraps around the top of the canteen. There is a small pocket on the outside for carrying water purification tablets. The pouch can be mounted to any ALICE compatible surface.
- Fits 1 Quart Canteen – This fits the standard military issue 1 quart canteen.
- Insulated Pouch – Pouch is insulated for keeping gear such as water bottles protected from cold and hot temperatures.
- Pouch Button Snaps – Has button snaps that securely close flaps.
- ALICE Compatible – This item uses the ALICE, All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, system. This system was used by the US Military starting in 1973 and was replaced with MOLLE gear. The system uses simple metal clips to mount pouches and accessories to webbing on gear and equipment.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).