This is a fire resistant level II grid fleece top from Polartec. This thermal top is the same as the classic and warm waffle top issued in the US Army, with the added benefit of being fire resistant. The top has a 1/4 zip collar and thumb holes on the sleeve cuffs. The Polartec Grid Fleece material is moisture wicking, breathable and lightweight, all while keeping the wearer warm. These are a great protective alternative to the standard Level II thermal. This shirt works can be worn on its own or as a midweight thermal layer.
Distributed through Alpha One Source.
- Flame Resistant – Will not catch fire when exposed to flames. It will burn but it will not drip or catch fire.
- ECWCS Level 2 – The mid-weight shirt and drawers provide basic insulation in mild climates, and serve as one of the base layers in cold climates. Also constructed with Polartec technology, this layer can be worn against the skin or with the Level 1 layer.
- Clothing Grid Fleece Technology – Has a grid pattern on the inside of the article that seals in the warmth while still allowing air flow through the spaces between the grid. The air flow helps keep remove excess moisture in turn keeping the wear warm and dry.
- Shirt 1/4 Zip closure – This shirt has a 1/4 zip closure which means that it is a pullover that has a zipper that goes about 1/4 of the way down the shirt.
- Moisture Wicking – Garment wicks away moisture which decreases drying time of the material and less soaking.
- Breathable – Breathable means it allows moisture to escape to help keep the wear dry even when sweating.
- Polartec – The material used for these is made by Polartec and assembled by various manufacturers. Polartec is known for their innovative and cutting edge technology used in the fabrics they design and manufacture. Polartecs line of cold weather and flame resistant fabrics are among the highest quality and most trusted in the world.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: Aftermarket – This is a military style item that is not issued within the Military.