This is a Fire Resistant Air Crew Coat that was used in the US Army. The coat follows the general ACU style with some improvements for air crew. The top is zip up and all pockets are zippered for extra security, for you know, flying around. The cuffs are adjustable and the waist can be adjusted for best fit too. The shoulder pockets and chest have fields for ID patches.
- Universal Camouflage Pattern, UCP – Following in the steps of the USMC and its adoption of a digital camo, the US Army adopted the Universal Camo Pattern in 2004. The pattern was designed to function suitably in any environment. The overall intention of a camo capable of that is to remove the need to issue a camo pattern for each potential combat zone and environment, thus making the production and issuing of camo easy to troops. The camo was adopted and saw use in both Iraq and Afghanistan, where it would perform at best adequately. As a result of the camo not performing as good as intended the US Army began looking for a replacement. By 2011 the US Army would test in a variation of UCP, UCP-D, against Multicam in Afghanistan in the search for a replacement. By 2012 all US Army Soldiers deploying as combat troops to Afghanistan would be issued uniforms and gear in Multicam and UCP would be phased out of service in 2019 as a service camo. UCP would commonly come to be referred to as ACU, based of the adoption of the ACU pattern uniform that was adopted at the same time, much the same as the woodland camo came to be called BDU.
- Adjustable Sleeve Cuffs – Sleeves have either a button or hook and loop adjustable cuff for fit and wear.
- Hook & Loop Adjustments – This is adjusted with hook and loop straps or fields.
- Exterior Hook and Loop Fields – There is hook and loop on the outside of the pouch for attaching ID and other patches.
- Zippered Shoulder Pockets – Pockets on shoulders for storing small items with zippered closure.
- Chest Pockets – Has pockets on the front of the chest.
- Full Length Zipper – Has a zipper going the full length or near full length of the item.
- Flame Resistant – Will not catch fire when exposed to flames. It will burn but it will not drip or catch fire.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).