This is a lensatic compass that is used in the US Military. This model has tritium inserts in the compass for low light use. The compass folds out and has a rotating bezel with both Degree and Mil measurements for direction. A magnetized needle sits in the bezel that shows North, East, South and West and there is a declination adjustment on the bezel as well. The top of the compass when folded out has a thin strand of wire for accurate direction finding that is used with the fold out lens that also has a notch. On the side is a 1:50000 Meter map scale tool for distance measurements on similarly scaled maps. On the housing of the compass is a lanyard loop, lanyard included, for easy carry and securing the compass to you. Overall these compasses are sturdy and ready for hard, accurate, use.
Pouches will vary between ALICE and MOLLE compatibility. Used & Defect Condition: DOES NOT include carrying pouch!
Due to unknown age of Used & Defect compass the inserts may not glow or have much life left in them.
- Easy Storage Pouch – This item includes a pouch for easy storage and transport.
- Tritium Inserts – Includes tritium inserts that glow in the dark for low light operation. Inserts on Used or vintage items may be beyond life time of tritium and no longer function.
- Mil Measurements – Has measurements in Mils for either direction or range estimations. Mils are better than degrees, fight me.
- Degree Measurements – Has measurements in Degrees for either direction or range estimations.
- Map Scale On Side – Has a scale for measuring distance on maps. See description for corresponding map scale szie.
- Cammenga – The manufacturer of government issue compasses for the last 60 years.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).
- ITAR Restricted – This item is ITAR controlled and cannot be shipped or carried outside the United States. NOT FOR EXPORT.