This is a USGI lensatic compass. The compass has Mils and Degrees on the dial and the arrows glow in the dark with a tritium insert. The compass folds up for storage and includes an ALICE carry pouch and lanyard for carry. The compass has a folding sight for precise orienteering of direction. When unfolded the compass has a scale for measuring distances on 1:50000 scale maps.
Due to unknown age of Used compass the tritium inserts may not glow or have much life left in them.
- Easy Storage Pouch – This item includes a pouch for easy storage and transport.
- ALICE Compatible – This item uses the ALICE, All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, system. This system was used by the US Military starting in 1973 and was replaced with MOLLE gear. The system uses simple metal clips to mount pouches and accessories to webbing on gear and equipment.
- Tritium Inserts – Includes tritium inserts that glow in the dark for low light operation. Inserts on Used or vintage items may be beyond life time of tritium and no longer function.
- Mil Measurements – Has measurements in Mils for either direction or range estimations. Mils are better than degrees, fight me.
- Degree Measurements – Has measurements in Degrees for either direction or range estimations.
- Map Scale On Side – Has a scale for measuring distance on maps. See description for corresponding map scale szie.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).