These are the earlier version of the load bearing vests that were used in the US Military. Instead of a mesh base for the vest, it is a solid fabric base. The mag pouches are also vertically oriented instead of angled as in the enhanced version.
All the pouches on the vest are sewn in and not removable. There are 4 double magazine pouches with a button snap closure. On the waist there are two hand grenade pouches. The vest is easily adjustable to height and waist fitment. The vest has two buckle for securing it on to the wearer. On the back are points for attaching additional ALICE web gear. These are sturdy, easily worn vests that give the user a go to basic load out.
- Sown In Pockets – Pouches or pockets are sown onto the gear. Provides extra strength and weight reduction, while loosing some modularity.
- Fits 8 USGI 5.56mm Magazines – Fits eight (8) Standard Issue USGI Aluminum 5.56mm magazines.
- Includes 2 Grenade Pouches – Each grenade pouch can fit 1 grenade or similar sized item.
- Adjustable Height and Waist – Can be adjusted to fit wearers height and waist.
- Buckled Straps – Uses buckled straps to secure to wearer.
- ALICE Webbing – Has ALICE compatible webbing on the exterior for attaching ALICE and other compatible accessories.
- Adjustable Padded Shoulder Straps – This has adjustable padded shoulder straps for extra comfort when carrying a load.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).