This is a bivy sack that is used in the US Military. The bivy is made of waterproof Gore-Tex material and keeps the users sleep system dry in wet or cold weather environments. The bag has a near full length zipper, making getting in and out easy and has a storm flap to cover the zipper. When used with a woobie, the bivy can be used as a lightweight and waterproof sleep system in warm weather areas. When used with the patrol and intermediate sleeping bags the user is able to sleep in the open to temperatures as low as -10 degrees. Bivy sacks are a great addition to any camping gear selection.
- Waterproof – Waterproof means that it will not absorb water or be damaged when submerged in water.
- Windproof – It will help break the wind an hold warmth even in windy weather.
- Full Length Zipper – Has a zipper going the full length or near full length of the item.
- Zipper Storm Flap – This jacket has a storm flap for covering the zipper in inclement weather. Storm flaps help insure water and wind are not able to pass through the zipper.
- Gore-Tex – Made with Gore-Tex material, a lightweight wind and water proof material that remains breathable.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).