This is a Eagle Industries Beavertail Assault Pack. The pack is a great 24 hour patrol or day bag and has a main compartment, large GP pouch on the front as well as two side pockets. There are also two small zippered pockets. All pockets are zippered for easy access to gear. The pack has a large mesh center that can fit a helmet, so it is great for bulky items or for quickly stashing gear. There are buckled cinch straps for tightening up the mesh compartment. The side pockets are great for small items and in between them and the main bag is a slot that can fit a 5.56mm mag easily. The front pocket is large enough to carry a full IFAK worth of supplies, plus some. Inside the main compartment is a mesh sleeve for 3 liter hydration bladder and there are three points to direct your hose to the shoulder straps. The plastic stiffener that supports the pack is also accessed from the main compartment via a zipper. The padded shoulder straps are removable. When removed the pack can be MOLLE attached to the back of compatible kit. On the front of the pack is a field for attaching patches and there are multiple strands of webbing across the pack for attaching and tying down gear. I have two of these packs and love them, so that’s why this description may sound like a 5 star review. They are great for day hikes and for use as a small go bag, not to mention great for use when on patrol.
Do not include any additional straps or components unless noted in individual item description.
- Large Zippered Main Compartment – This has a large main storage compartment that is closed with a zipper.
- Exterior Pocket Compartments On Backpack – Pack has exterior pockets for storing smaller items that may be needed to get to quicker than if stored in main compartment. Exterior pockets also offer additional areas for organization of items.
- 3 Exterior Pockets On Backpack – Backpack has 3 exterior pockets for smaller items.
- Zipper Closure – Has a zipper to secure contents stored inside.
- Cinch Straps – These straps help tighten down gear and keep your load stable and secure.
- Compatible With 100oz Water Bladders – 100oz hydration bladders fit in this.
- Loose Webbing Loops – There are loose webbing loops for attaching items to the gear or clothing. Typically used to attach local vegetation for added camo.
- Exterior Hook and Loop Fields – There is hook and loop on the outside of the pouch for attaching ID and other patches.
- Adjustable Padded Shoulder Straps – This has adjustable padded shoulder straps for extra comfort when carrying a load.
- Shoulder Strap Sternum Strap – Straps have a buckled sternum strap for comfort when carrying large loads.
- Mounts To Body Armor – Can be mounted to body armor and worn as a detachable component.
- Eagle Industries – These are manufactured by Eagle Industries & Allied Eagle Industries. Allied Eagle Industries includes outsourced manufacturers such as Resource Center. Allied Eagle Industries items are made to the exact specs and quality, with no difference in overall materials, design and construction.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).