This is a GEN 6 Combat Application Tourniquet from North American Rescue. The US Military no longer uses the tourniquets, and they have been replaced by the GEN 7 CAT tourniquet. Also, the tourniquet is easy to use with one hand. These tourniquets have proven themselves in combat. They stop massive bleeding in the extremities.
- For Treating Massive Bleeding On Extremities – Used to treat life threatening bleeding on extremities ONLY. Not for small or superficial wounds.
- Tourniquet Retention Assist – Clips or bands for securing the TQ windlass when desired pressure has been reached.
- 1.5 Inch Tourniquet Strap – Main strap of TQ is 1.5″ wide.
- TQ Hook and Loop Strap Retention – Tourniquet strap is secured by being woven through a simple webbing buckle and the strap secures to itself with hook and loop.
- TQ One Handed Use – Tourniquet is optimized to be used with only one hand.
- Plastic Tourniquet Windlass – Windlass for tightening TQ is plastic for ruggedness and weight reduction.
- North American Rescue – Manufactured by North American Rescue, a producer of medical supplies and accessories.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).