These are extreme cold weather Firebrand mitts from Outdoor Research. The mittens were created for cold high altitude operations. The outside palm is made of goat leather with the interior is lined in Moonlite pile fleece, EnduraLoft insulation on the back of the hand adds more warmth without extra bulk. The mitts can be worn standalone or with compatible liners. There is an adjustable drawstring on the open end of the glove to keep the cold out and an adjustable wrist strap to keep the mitts secure to your hand when in use. Each glove has a small buckle to secure them together when not in use.
This is just the shell. These Mitts do NOT include liners!
- Gore-Tex – Made with Gore-Tex material, a lightweight wind and water proof material that remains breathable.
- Part Of The ECWCS Clothing System – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments.
- Fleece Lining – Garment is lined in fleece for insulation.
- Waterproof – Waterproof means that it will not absorb water or be damaged when submerged in water.
- Windproof – It will help break the wind an hold warmth even in windy weather.
- Breathable – Breathable means it allows moisture to escape to help keep the wear dry even when sweating.
- Adjustable Wrist Strap – This has an adjustable wrist strap to allow it to be adjusted to the wearer. This allows for a more comfortable and secure fit.
- Outdoor Research – Manufactured by Outdoor Research, a outdoor clothing and accessory company.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).