This is an old school, almost, thermal top that was used in the US Army and across the US Military. They are a part of the first generation of the ECWCS system, LWCWUS. The polypropylene top is warm, lightweight and drys fast. It’s sorta like a fleece top in feel and very soft. These are a great mid layer when paired with a wind resistant jacket or as an outer layer on chilly days. The zip up collar helps keep the wind off your neck when it’s cold and help you cool down when zipped down. They are a part of the first generation of the ECWCS system and also part of the LWCWUS. While they have been replaced with newer materials and styles of thermal layers, these are still a rock solid thermal layer for camping, hiking, hunting and general wear.
Expect some pilling on the exterior of the clothing in Used & Defect condition.
- Shirt 1/4 Zip closure – This shirt has a 1/4 zip closure which means that it is a pullover that has a zipper that goes about 1/4 of the way down the shirt.
- Part Of ECWCS – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments. The system consists of 7 levels of clothing and various accessories that can be worn in multiple configurations. When worn properly in appropriate conditions the system is designed to keep Soldiers warm in temperatures from +40 degrees to -50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Moisture Wicking – Garment wicks away moisture which decreases drying time of the material and less soaking.
- Quick Drying – Material is quick drying.
- LWCWUS – Lightweight Cold Weather Underwear System, a part of the Gen 1 ECWCS.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).
Bill (verified owner) –
Large size is very short. Strong mildew smell
BXB (verified owner) –
Good for layering the sleeves run a bit short I think thats how it supposed to be tho