This is an old school, almost, thermal top that was used in the US Army and across the US Military. The polypropylene top is warm, lightweight and drys fast. It’s sorta like a fleece top in feel and very soft. These are a great mid layer when paired with a wind resistant jacket or as an outer layer on chilly days. The zip up collar helps keep the wind off your neck when it’s cold and help you cool down when zipped down. They are a part of the first generation of the ECWCS system and also part of the LWCWUS. While they have been replaced with newer materials and styles of thermal layers, these are still a rock solid thermal layer for camping, hiking, hunting and general wear.
Expect some pilling on the exterior of the clothing in Used & Defect condition.
- Shirt 1/4 Zip closure – This shirt has a 1/4 zip closure which means that it is a pullover that has a zipper that goes about 1/4 of the way down the shirt.
- Part Of The ECWCS Clothing System – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments.
- Moisture Wicking – Garment wicks away moisture which decreases drying time of the material and less soaking.
- Quick Drying – Material is quick drying.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).