These quarter zip undershirts are part of the LWCWUS that was later replaced by the ECWCS. They are similar to a level 1, but are not Polartec like the current level 1 undergarments. Great general base layer for all temps till it gets hot out.
USGI Polypro Base Layer Thermal Pants
This is a polypro base layer tops that were used in the US Military. They are a part of the first generation of the ECWCS system and also part of the LWCWUS. The polypropylene is lightweight and has a great warmth to weight ratio. The shirts are quick drying and moisture wicking, with a 1/4 zip collar. While they have been replaced with newer materials and styles of thermal layers, these are still a rock solid thermal layer for camping, hiking, hunting and general wear.
- Shirt 1/4 Zip closure – This shirt has a 1/4 zip closure which means that it is a pullover that has a zipper that goes about 1/4 of the way down the shirt.
- Quick Drying – Material is quick drying.
- Part Of The ECWCS Clothing System – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments.
- Moisture Wicking – Garment wicks away moisture which decreases drying time of the material and less soaking.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).