The Propper IHWCU (Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform) Boonie hat is a lighter-weight, more breathable alternative to the standard issue boonie hat and is engineered to block sunlight and keep your head cool on hot days. Ventilation holes on the nylon/cotton ripstop crown keep the boonie hat breathable while the adjustable chin cord allows for custom fit and wearing around the neck when you want to take it off. The hot weather uniform is a huge upgrade form the standard issue uniforms.
Brim is 2 1/4″ wide.
- Mesh Vent Holes – There are mesh vent holes to help with air flow and drainage of water.
- Hat Drawstring – This hat has an adjustable drawstring that can be secured under the wearers chin to prevent movement from the hat and to keep the hat from being blown off by the wind.
- IHWCU – Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform. This is the US Army update to the current uniform for wear in warmer and hot weather environments. The system incorporates lighter weight fabrics and updated uniform styles to keep Soldiers cooler in the heat.
- Propper – Manufactured by Propper. Propper is the largest contract holder for clothing and boots for the United States Marine Corps. They previously made some of the woodland and desert BDU uniforms for the US Military. While they don’t manufacture the current US Army Uniform, they do manufacture aftermarket equivalents that are acceptable for duty use. They have a long history of quality military products.
Country of Manufacture: Haiti – Made in Haiti.
Issue Type: Aftermarket – This is a military style item that is not issued within the Military.
- This is NOT Military Surplus – This item is aftermarket and not issued to the military by the US Government. It is NOT military surplus.