The Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform (IHWCU) Patrol Cap is a lightweight, breathable alternative to the standard issue ACU Patrol Cap. Engineered with 57% nylon / 43% cotton ripstop and designed to go from drenched to dry within 60 minutes, this cap is sure to keep your head cool in the hot sun. The IWHCU Patrol Cap is also NIR-compliant and sewn to military specification FQ/PD 04-14.
- Scorpion Camouflage, OCP – When Multicam was adopted as the replacement for UCP during deployment operations it was also considered for Army wide adoption. Licensing fees for the pattern were deemed to high though and the US Army took to the predecessor of Multicam, Scorpion. Scorpion had been developed alongside Multicam and shares most of the same design. Side by side Multicam and Scorpion look much the same, with differences being subtle. The base color of Scorpion is green, compared to brown in Multicam and the shading of all colors was changed slightly. Scorpion also has no vertical elements in the camo. Scorpion would also be referred to as OCP, or Operational Camouflage Pattern.
- IHWCU – Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform. This is the US Army update to the current uniform for wear in warmer and hot weather environments. The system incorporates lighter weight fabrics and updated uniform styles to keep Soldiers cooler in the heat.
- Ripstop Material – Ripstop is a method in which the material is woven in away to make it resistant to tearing and ripping.
- Propper – Manufactured by Propper. Propper is the largest contract holder for clothing and boots for the United States Marine Corps. They previously made some of the woodland and desert BDU uniforms for the US Military. While they don’t manufacture the current US Army Uniform, they do manufacture aftermarket equivalents that are acceptable for duty use. They have a long history of quality military products.
Country of Manufacture: Haiti – Made in Haiti.
Issue Type: Aftermarket – This is a military style item that is not issued within the Military.
- This is NOT Military Surplus – This item is aftermarket and not issued to the military by the US Government. It is NOT military surplus.