This is a tactical boonie cap in OD Green. The boonie caps have a floppy brim that goes all the way around, this kind of brim is great for keeping the sun of the wearers neck and ears when out in the open. The brim measures about 2.5″.
It is also nice for when it’s raining by helping keep it off the ears and neck more so than a regular hat. There are wire mesh vents in the top to help keep the wears head cool. Around the cap is loose webbing loops. These can be used for attaching small items to the hat, typically used to attach local vegetation for increased camo. There is a simple draw string for securing the cap to the wearers head.
These hats do not stretch at all so you will need exact or very close sizing.
- Loose Webbing Loops – There are loose webbing loops for attaching items to the gear or clothing. Typically used to attach local vegetation for added camo.
- Mesh Vent Holes – There are mesh vent holes to help with air flow and drainage of water.
- Hat Draw String – This hat has an adjustable draw string that can be secured under the wearers chin to prevent movement from the hat and to keep the hat from being blown off by the wind.
- Ripstop Material – Ripstop is a method in which the material is woven in away to make it resistant to tearing and ripping.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).