These are FACTORY SECONDS and are New & Unissued. They come with minor Defects. Defects include small easily repairable holes, snags, defects in stitching etc. Otherwise pants are fully usable.
This is a set of the first generation of the US Army Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform Pants. These pants have features that were originally tested and issued, which were removed when the pants became general issue for wear and use. The pants are made of a lightweight Ripstop material that breathes and dries quickly, within 30 minutes of being soaked in good conditions. The knees are of a different shape then the typical ACU style uniform and are cut to wear better when taking a knee and bending the knee. Behind the knees, on the inside, instead of another layer of pant material is a layer of breathable shirt like material to help with avoiding a heat sink in the knees. These 1st generation IHWCU pants DO NOT have back pockets, in an effort to eliminate that area of heat sink. There are standard ACU style cargo and ankle pockets with buttoned flaps. At the pant cuffs is another feature not included on the current issue pants. A built in mesh boot gaiter is included inside the pant leg to help keep bugs and debris out when the pants are worn unbloused. When new the pants come treated with Permethrin, a insect repellent, that fades in effectiveness with washes. This is a great set of general purpose outdoor pants that are only going to get harder to find with the neat first gen features.
Basic: 57% Nylon, 43% Cotton
Reinforcement: 100% Nylon
Mesh: 100% Polyester
Knit: 65% Tencel Lycocell, 35% Cocona Polyester
These are FACTORY SECONDS and are New & Unissued. They come with minor Defects. Defects include small easily repairable holes. Otherwise pants are fully usable.
- IHWCU – Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform. This is the US Army update to the current uniform for wear in warmer and hot weather environments. The system incorporates lighter weight fabrics and updated uniform styles to keep Soldiers cooler in the heat.
- Factory Seconds – These are factory seconds. Please see main description for additional details.
- Pant Cargo Pockets – Has large pockets for bulky items on the pants legs.
- Ankle Pocket – Pants have a pocket near the cuff for small items.
- Pant Buttoned Waist – Waist of pants has a button closure.
- Breathable – Breathable means it allows moisture to escape to help keep the wear dry even when sweating.
- Lightweight Construction – Built with lightweight materials for extended use.
- Quick Drying – Material is quick drying.
- Permethrin Treated – Permethrin is a chemical treatment added to clothing and gear that repels insects.
- Scorpion Camouflage, OCP – When Multicam was adopted as the replacement for UCP during deployment operations it was also considered for Army wide adoption for uniforms and gear. Licensing fees for the Multicam pattern were deemed to high and the US Army took to the predecessor, Scorpion OCP. Scorpion OCP had been developed alongside Multicam and shares most of the same design. Side by side Multicam and Scorpion look much the same, with differences being subtle. The base color of Scorpion is green, compared to brown in Multicam and the shading of all colors was changed slightly. Scorpion also has no vertical elements in the camo. Scorpion is currently referred to as OCP, or Operational Camouflage Pattern and is used for US Army Uniforms and most Army gear.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: US Army Issue – This item is genuine US Army issue.
There are no reviews yet.