This is a Fire Resistant Air Crew Coat used in the US Army. The coat follows the general ACU style with some improvements for air crew. The top is zip u and all pockets are zippered for extra security, for you know, flying around. The cuffs are adjustable and the waist can be adjusted for best fit too. The shoulder pockets and chest have fields for ID patches.
- Flame Resistant – Will not catch fire when exposed to flames. It will burn but it will not drip or catch fire.
- Chest Pockets – Has pockets on the front of the chest.
- Zippered Shoulder Pockets – Pockets on shoulders for storing small items with zippered closure.
- Multicam – Originally design in the early 2000’s as a competitor to UCP, Multicam was passed over after the selection of UCP. Even with UCP being adopted the camo would still see widespread use by special operations forces across the US Military in Iraq and Afghanistan. As UCP was found to not be suitable and replacements were searched for Multicam was selected as the interim camo for use by deploying US Army Soldiers. The camo would not be issued in full scale within the US Military. With its selection for use in Afghanistan it was known as OEF Pattern. Garrison uniforms in Multicam were never made, with all Multicam uniforms issued in the US Army being fire resistant. Multicam was replaced by OCP, when it became the standard camo pattern for the US Army in 2015. Due to the similarity of Multicam and OCP the gear and equipment in those patterns, not uniforms, are commonly intermixed until widespread issue of OCP was completed.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).