This is an Olive Green 108 Wool Shirt and Trouser Uniform Set that was used in the US Army from 1951 to the 1970?s. The uniform is made of a wool and nylon blend and was intended for wear under the 1951 pattern cold weather outer layers that were made of cotton. Due to the overall military look and appearance they were authorized at commander level for wear as a standard winter uniform fairly commonly. Worn as a set the uniform is a great winter layer that can be worn standalone or under layers.
- 1951 Wool OG 108 Field Uniforms – During the Korean War the US Army developed the OG 108 wool/nylon field uniform to replace the previous versions of the cold weather wool uniform, though it would not see wide spread use till after the war. This new uniform was not intended as a stand alone uniform but due to its overall appearance some commanders authorized it as a winter uniform. The uniform was not built for field use as an outer layer as the wool material would not keep its insulating features when overly dirty or stretched out. Intended use was as a layer under the M1951 trouser shells and jacket.
- Zippered Pants – Pant crotch is zippered.
- Pant Back Pocket – Has pockets on the seat of the pants.
- Clothing Button Closure – Has buttons for the closure.
- Chest Pockets – Has pockets on the front of the chest.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).