These ALICE compass and first aid pouches were used in the US military. These pouches hold one military issue lensatic compass, or small medical items. You can also store similarly sized compasses, as well as small items that need an individual pouch. You can attach this pouch to any ALICE web gear, MOLLE webbing, as well as most slim belts.
These pouches saw many decades of use and slight design iterations. The ALICE versions are made of a lightweight nylon, an improvement over the canvas used in systems from before.
- Pouch Button Snaps – Has button snaps that securely close flaps.
- Water Resistant – It can be exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water. Generally not recommended to submerge Water Resistant items unless item is made for that level of exposure.
- ALICE Compatible – This item uses the ALICE, All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, system. This system was used by the US Military starting in 1973 and was replaced with MOLLE gear. The system uses simple metal clips (slide, belt keepers) to mount pouches and accessories to webbing on gear and equipment.
- Includes One ALICE Clip – This includes one metal ALICE clip that allow the user to attach it to ALICE compatible gear.
- ALICE System – All Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment. The ALICE system was the replacement and upgrade to all load bearing systems in the US Military that came before it. The base of the system was the M1972 system, which after only a short period of time after introduction would be changed over the the ALICE system. Base components from the M1972 system would be kept and upgraded. The system, like its predecessors, included the baseline gear for an individual to sustain themselves in a combat area. Pouches and accessories were attached by slide, belt keepers aka ALICE clips. The system was introduced in 1973 and would be used up into the early 2000’s as standard issue. It would see continued use in training environments till around 2010 as well. The ALICE system would be replaced by MOLLE gear, and used along side it for a time as well.
Throughout the development of ALICE the designation LC-1 and LC-2 are used on a variety of gear. LC-1 equipment is gear from the initial M1972 system. Gear from that system that was carried over to ALICE would receive upgrades, improved components and materials, and be designated LC-2.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).