This is an intermediate cold weather sleeping bag that is used in the US Army. The sleep bag is mummy style with a foot box that allows the user to still wear boots in the sleeping bag. The side zipper has a storm flap for additional insulation. The hood has a draw string to help keep cold air out of the bag when in use. The sleeping bag, when used with other components such as the bivy and worn clothing, is rated down to -10 degrees. This is a great lightweight sleeping bag for winter or late fall camping and easily fits in small or large stuff sacks for storage and carry.
- Lightweight Construction – Built with lightweight materials for extended use.
- Water Resistant – It can be submerged or exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water.
- Sleeping Bag Foot Box – End section of bag is designed to be large enough for user to still wear boots while in sleeping bag.
- Mummy Style Sleeping Bag – Sleeping bag fits snug to the user when inside, the small hood opening helps keep more warmth in as well.
- Zipper Closure – Has a zipper to secure contents stored inside.
- Zipper Storm Flap – This jacket has a storm flap for covering the zipper in inclement weather. Storm flaps help insure water and wind are not able to pass through the zipper.
- Part of the Improved Modular Sleep System – The US Army Improved MSS includes five components optimized for sleeping in harsh conditions. The fully system includes 1 x Small Stuff Sack, 1 x Large Stuff Sack, 1 x Patrol Sleeping Bag, 1 x Intermediate Sleeping Bag and 1 x Bivy Cover.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: US Army Issue – This item is genuine US Army issue.