This is a Fire Resistant level 6 extreme cold weather, wet weather outer jacket. These jackets protect the wearer from the elements with a Gore-tex lining and help protect the user when using the ECWCS system to 14 degrees below Fahrenheit. When trying to stay warm in cold weather it is important to wear layers. You should have a polyester base layer, then a fleece or grid thermal (waffle thermal) and the Gore-tex waterproof shell. The waterproof shell is critical because if you get wet in extreme cold weather it only takes minutes for hypothermia to set in.
- Flame Resistant – Will not catch fire when exposed to flames. It will burn but it will not drip or catch fire.
- Waterproof – Waterproof means that it will not absorb water or be damaged when submerged in water.
- Windproof – It will help break the wind an hold warmth even in windy weather.
- Pass Through Pocket Flaps – Open Flap pockets for reaching through and accessing layers worn underneath.
- Zip Up Shirt – This shirt is a zip up, which means that the front is closed with a zipper.
- Stow Away Hood – There is a stow away hood in the jackets collar for inclement weather.
- Part Of The ECWCS Clothing System – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments.
- ECWCS Level 6 – The sixth layer is the hard-shell layer for moderate to cold wet conditions. The double-layer GORE-TEX Jacket and Trousers are extremely light weight, waterproof, windproof and breathable. They also cut the bulk of the Gen II by 50%. This layer also incorporates IR signature reduction technology, enhancing the user’s survivability.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: US Army Issue – This item is genuine US Army issue.