This is a fire resistant level 5 cold weather jacket that is used in the US Army Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System (ECWCS). The jacket is wind and water resistant and is worn as an outer layer over other insulating layers. The jacket zips up and has a stow away hood in the collar. The shoulders have pockets and there are zippered vents along the sleeves as well. These are ready to go lightweight jackets for cold and windy days. Being flame resistant, these jackets are perfect for welders and others working in environments with burn hazards.
- Flame Resistant – Will not catch fire when exposed to flames. It will burn but it will not drip or catch fire.
- Wind Resistant – This is wind resistant which means that it helps break the wind and keep the wearer warmer.
- Water Resistant – It can be submerged or exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water.
- Zip Up Shirt – This shirt is a zip up, which means that the front is closed with a zipper.
- Shoulder Pockets – Includes pockets on the shoulder for small items.
- Exterior Hook and Loop Fields – There is hook and loop on the outside of the pouch for attaching ID and other patches.
- Stow Away Hood – There is a stow away hood in the jackets collar for inclement weather.
- Part Of The ECWCS Clothing System – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).