These sights are LASER or MACHINE ETCHED with “USMC”. There ARE NO OTHER identification markings on these sights, such as “KAC”. These are Knights Armament sights per CAGE code and Contact Number identification. Markings MAY VARY slightly from pictures. If you need ANY additional info about the sights please email us before purchase.
This is the KAC folding rear sight for ranges up to 600 meters. The sight is adjusted for range using the adjustable drum tower and for windage with the windage knob on the side. The sight is meant for use with USGI M4 rifles and their Mil-Spec equivalents. This sight can also be sued with other compatible .223/5.56mm rifles, but the sight adjustments will not be accurate for that rifle and time will need to be taken to find how the adjustments correspond to the rifle. Now that the legal aspect is out of the way. The sight mounted to picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rails and is secured with an adjustment screw and clamp. When not needed the sight folds down out of the way.
25/300 Meter Zero: Place a target 25 meters down range. Turn the rear sight drum to the “Z” setting and fire a 3 round group(s). Adjust the front sight post and rear sight windage knob until the desired point-of-aim/point-of-impact is achieved. If possible, turn the rear sight drum to the “3” setting and confirm zero at 300 meters.
50/200 Meter Zero: Place a target 50 meters down range. Turn the rear sight drum to the “2” setting and fire a 3 round group(s). Adjust the front sight post and rear sight windage knob until the desired point-of-aim/point-of-impact is achieved. If possible, place a target 200 meters down range and confirm zero.
-Once zeroed by one of the above methods, the rear sight’s 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 meter range marks may be used for engaging targets at those distances. However, because the range markings are averaged between rifle and carbine barrel lengths, the exact point-of-aim/point-of-impact sight settings may differ a click or two for a given rifle. If possible, fire your rifle at known distances and record your exact + or – clicks for each range. The rear sight’s intermediate clicks between major range markings may also be used to engage targets at ranges such as 250 meters, 375 meters, etc.
Noun: Micro Rear Sight Assembly
- Compatible with Picatinny Rails – This part can be mounted on Picatinny and MIL-1913 rails.
- Rear Back Up Iron Sight – Iron sight for the rear of the rifle. Can be locked folded down when not in use.
- Rear Sight Windage Adjustable – Rear sight can be adjusted for windage.
- Rear Sight Elevation Adjustable – Rear sight elevation can be adjusted for range.
- Rear Peep Sight – Sight is of a peep design. There is a small hole for aiming in the sight post, used for more accurate fire and not rapid fire typically.
- Knights Armament Company – Manufactured Knights Armament Company, a producer of firearms and accessories.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USMC Issue – This item is genuine US Marine Corps issue.