These are the PCU Level 7 pants that are used in the US Army. They are wind and water resistant, and have reinforced knees and seat. The pants are high loft insulated and are meant for more static condition, not high movement. The have a full length zipper for easy don and doffing while wearing other layers and boots.
Shell: 100% nylon
Insulation: 100% polyester
Lining: 100% nylon
- Elastic Pant Waistband – Waistband on pants is elastic for proper fitment.
- Elastic Pant Cuffs – Cuffs around ankles are elastic for fit and to prevent debris from entering clothing.
- Full Length Pants Leg Zipper – Pants legs have a full length zipper for ease of donning and doffing when wearing other clothing and for putting on while wearing boots.
- Zipper Closure – Has a zipper to secure contents stored inside.
- Wind Resistant – This is wind resistant which means that it helps break the wind and keep the wearer warmer.
- Water Resistant – It can be exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water. Generally not recommended to submerge Water Resistant items unless item is made for that level of exposure.
- Oversized Clothing – This clothing item is oversized to fit over gear worn on the torso or other gear and clothing worn beneath. FOR Tops and Bottoms it is recommended that you order a size smaller than you are unless you intend to wear body armor or bulky gear underneath.
- ECWCS Level 7 – This level consists of a high loft insulated parka and trousers set that are for wear in extreme cold conditions while static. The parka and trousers are wind and water resistant and meant to be worn as the outer most layer in dry (non wet weather conditions, snow on the ground is ok) environments where movement is limited.
- SOF-PCU – Part of the 7 levels of the Protective Combat Uniform used by Special Operations Forces across the US Military. Levels are similar to the standard ECWCS system. Some levels are broken down into multiple parts, such as lvl 1A & 1B. Overall the system is a more specialized cold and wet weather clothing system that more closely follows current civilian market options that are tailored towards tactical use.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).