This is a level 1, “silk weight”, thermal base layer that was used in the US Army. The base layer is moisture wicking, breathable and lightweight. It helps keep you warm and dry while moving around and sitting. The level 1 base layer is very durable and can be worn like compression clothing with it tight against your skin, or more loosely depending on your preference. These are not from the ECWCS system and predate it, they however share most of the features and are still lightweight, breathable and quick drying. Ninja.
- ECWCS Level 1 – The level 1 base layer is worn next to the skin and provides basic insulation and moisture wicking. This layer is highly breathable and is constructed with Polartec technology. Designed to wick away moisture, this layer is also highly breathable and the pieces dry very fast.
- Elastic Pant Waistband – Waistband on pants is elastic for proper fitment.
- Lightweight Construction – Built with lightweight materials for extended use.
- Breathable – Breathable means it allows moisture to escape to help keep the wear dry even when sweating.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).