This is a level 1, “silk weight”, thermal base layer that was used in the US Army. The base layer is moisture wicking, breathable and lightweight. It helps keep you warm and dry while moving around and sitting. The level 1 base layer is very durable and can be worn like compression clothing with it tight against your skin, or more loosely depending on your preference. The Gen III ECWCS design allows moisture to escape and at the same time has water-resistant properties.
- ECWCS Level 1 – These are base layers meant to be worn in a variety of temperatures and form the base for all ECWCS layers. Material is quick drying, moisture wicking, breathable and lightweight. Layers consist of a top and bottom that are typically tight fitting to help with insulation as well as breathability.
- Part Of ECWCS – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments. The system consists of 7 levels of clothing and various accessories that can be worn in multiple configurations. When worn properly in appropriate conditions the system is designed to keep Soldiers warm in temperatures from +40 degrees to -50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Moisture Wicking – Garment wicks away moisture which decreases drying time of the material and less soaking.
- Breathable – Breathable means it allows moisture to escape to help keep the wear dry even when sweating.
- Lightweight Construction – Built with lightweight materials for extended use.
- Water Resistant – It can be exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water. Generally not recommended to submerge Water Resistant items unless item is made for that level of exposure.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: US Army Issue – This item is genuine US Army issue.