This is a 200 round M249 pouch that was used in the US Military. The pouch securely holds one 200 round SAW drum or loose linked ammo. The pouch is also good for storing bulkier items on you kit. A hook and loop flap secures the item. Also, the additional button snap ensures the pouch is secure. You can mount the pouch to any ALICE compatible surface.
- Fits M249 200 Round Ammo Drum – Fits one M249 machine gun ammo drum. Not included!
- ALICE Compatible – This item uses the ALICE, All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, system. This system was used by the US Military starting in 1973 and was replaced with MOLLE gear. The system uses simple metal clips (slide, belt keepers) to mount pouches and accessories to webbing on gear and equipment.
- Includes Two (2) ALICE Clips – This includes two (2) metal ALICE clips that allow the user to attached it to ALICE compatible gear.
- Pouch Button Snaps – Has button snaps that securely close flaps.
- Water Resistant – It can be submerged or exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water.
- Pouch Drainage Grommet – This pouch has a drainage grommet at the bottom of the pouch. This allows water to drain from the pouch in wet environments and keeps you from getting weighed down by accumulated water.
- ALICE System – All Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment. The ALICE system was the replacement and upgrade to all load bearing systems in the US Military that came before it. The base of the system was the M1972 system, which after only a short period of time after introduction would be changed over the the ALICE system. Base components from the M1972 system would be kept and upgraded. The system, like its predecessors, included the baseline gear for an individual to sustain themselves in a combat area. Pouches and accessories were attached by slide, belt keepers aka ALICE clips. The system was introduced in 1973 and would be used up into the early 2000’s as standard issue. It would see continued use in training environments till around 2010 as well. The ALICE system would be replaced by MOLLE gear, and used along side it for a time as well.
Throughout the development of ALICE the designation LC-1 and LC-2 are used on a variety of gear. LC-1 equipment is gear from the initial M1972 system. Gear from that system that was carried over to ALICE would receive upgrades, improved components and materials, and be designated LC-2.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).