This is the M56 Individual Equipment Belt that was used in the US Military. The belt was used to carry all the individual pouches issued and is ALICE compatible. The belt is adjustable and is secured with a simple metal ball buckle. These old school cotton belts are a great way to complete a vintage pouch collection.
Medium: For Waists 30″ and Under
Long(Large): For Waists 30″ and Over
- ILCE System – Individual Load Carrying Equipment, M1956. This system was adopted after the Korean War to replace the WW2 and previous era equipment that was standard across the US Military. The equipment was developed to be used in the possibility of a European war against the USSR. The basic issue of the equipment consisted of a pistol belt, suspenders, two ammo pouches, canteen pouch, E Tool pouch, sleeping bag carrier and a field pack. M1956 equipment was used through the Vietnam War and after it as basic issue. During the Vietnam War its replacement, ALICE gear, would be issued alongside it. By the time of the Vietnam War it had undergone some improvements and was referred to as LLCE M1956, Lightweight Load Carrying Equipment. Further improvements would fall under the M1967 pattern and were made of lighter nylon material.
- Buckled Belt – Belt is secured around the users waist with a buckle.
- 2 Inch Belt – Belt webbing or material is 2 inches wide.
- ALICE Compatible – This item uses the ALICE, All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, system. This system was used by the US Military starting in 1973 and was replaced with MOLLE gear. The system uses simple metal clips (slide, belt keepers) to mount pouches and accessories to webbing on gear and equipment.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).