This is a triple mag pouch that was a part of the early ALICE gear system, ILCE. The pouch securely holds three 30 round M16 mags and has a buckled flap. Inside the pouch are dividers for separating the mags while in the pouch. The pouch has spots on either side for securing hand grenades. On the back is a eyelet for attaching to web gear for load support and the pouch can be attached to ALICE compatible gear.
These were one of the first components of the ILCE system to reach troops in Vietnam due to being the only pouch capable of carrying the newly adopted 30 round M16 magazine.
Note on Defect condition! Divider straps inside pouch will be cut or missing! This applies only to defect condition!
- ALICE Compatible – This item uses the ALICE, All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, system. This system was used by the US Military starting in 1973 and was replaced with MOLLE gear. The system uses simple metal clips (slide, belt keepers) to mount pouches and accessories to webbing on gear and equipment.
- Includes Two (2) ALICE Clips – This includes two (2) metal ALICE clips that allow the user to attached it to ALICE compatible gear.
- Fits 3 USGI 5.56mm Magazines – Fits three (3) Standard Issue USGI Aluminum 5.56mm magazines.
- Buckle Closure – This has a buckle closure to secure the contents inside.
- M1972 ILLCE – The M1972 Individual Lightweight Load Carrying Equipment System was a short term update to the M1967 pattern of gear. The system used components from the M1967 pattern and a few new pieces of gear as well. The system was short lived and would be renamed and the ALICE system in 1973 and further updated from there.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).