This is a vintage chemical protective suit that was used in the US Military during the 1980’s, to protect the wearer in case of Nuclear Biological and Chemical attacks. These are no longer in service. The coat and trousers are lined in protective materials, mostly charcoal like, and are meant to be worn over the standard uniform. The top has chest pockets and elastic sleeve cuffs. The top is also zip up. The pants have thigh pockets and 1/4 zip legs. The cuffs of the pants also have drawstrings for adjusting the cuffs. The outer material is a a heavy cotton type material. This is a great outer layer for when working with materials you do not want to get on your skin. These are NOT recommended for actual NBC use because of their age.
The charcoal like lining in the tops and bottoms will come out in the wash. DO NOT recommend washing these at home, your washer and then dryer will be covered in black residue that is a pain to clean up. Dry Clean if the suit needs to be cleaned. These were not intended for prolonged use when issued, hence the hard time cleaning them.
- Chest Pockets – Has pockets on the front of the chest.
- Pant Cargo Pockets – Has large pockets for bulky items on the pants legs.
- Adjustable Waist Belt – This has an adjustable waist belt to help secure and stabilize the load.
- Elastic Pant Cuffs – Cuffs around ankles are elastic for fit and to prevent debris from entering clothing.
- Zipper Closure – Has a zipper to secure contents stored inside.
- Button Snap Zipper Cover – Has a flap that covers and protects the zipper. Secured by button snaps.
- 1/2 Length Pant Leg Zipper – Zipper running half way up pant leg to aid in putting pants on and taking them off when worn over other clothes and boots.
- Elastic Wrist Cuffs – Cuffs around wrists are elastic for fit and to prevent debris from entering clothing
- Jacket Drawstring – This jacket has a drawstring at the waist that can be tightened or loosened. This helps the wear regulate the warmth and comfort of the jacket.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).