This is a pair of FREE base layer bottoms that were used in the US Military. These are fire resistant, moisture wicking and breathable, making them great to keep you warm enough without overheating and sweating. They have an elastic waistband and are great for wear just as a cold weather layer, that also protects.
- Flame Resistant – Will not catch fire when exposed to flames. It will burn but it will not drip or catch fire.
- Elastic Pant Waistband – Waistband on pants is elastic for proper fitment.
- FREE Clothing System – The Fire Resistant Environmental Ensemble. FREE is a system of fire resistant clothing and accessories for wear by combat vehicle crewman and aircrew members that generally follows the format of ECWCS as far as layering goes. All layers are fire resistant and focused towards the needs of the Soldiers wearing them. Generally FREE Clothing is a upgraded version of the standard issue equivalent, along with being fire resistant.
- Breathable – Breathable means it allows moisture to escape to help keep the wear dry even when sweating.
- Moisture Wicking – Garment wicks away moisture which decreases drying time of the material and less soaking.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: US Army Issue – This item is genuine US Army issue.
This item was in surprisingly good shape for being pre-owned. It didn’t have any funky smells or anything like that. But it was great for layering, it kept my legs toasty warm during the coldest months.