This is a Desert Night Camo Parka that was used in the US Military. The parka is fish tail length, so it reaches down to about mid thigh, and was intended for wear at night…… The parka fits over the standard uniform and can be worn with a liner, so they are slightly oversized. A Medium fits about like a Large when worn over normal clothing. Sleeve cuffs are elastic and the waist can be adjusted with a build in draw string. At the waist are two pass through pockets to get to your BDU top and the hood is adjustable. The button up parka is made of a heavy twill blend, so it is decently wind and water resistant for chilly nights in the desert. The camo may not have worked against NVGs but the parka sure will work on you buddies.
Liners sold separately, kinda like the effectiveness of the camo pattern.
- Compatible With Cold Weather Jacket Liners – This jacket is compatible with cold weather field jacket liners. Liners button into the interior of the jacket.
- Clothing Button Closure – Has buttons for the closure.
- Hood With Adjustable Drawstring – This item has a hood with an adjustable drawstring.
- Waist Drawstring – These pants have a drawstring that allows the wear to adjust the waist to the perfect size.
- Oversized Clothing – This clothing item is oversized to fit over gear worn on the torso or other gear and clothing worn beneath. FOR Tops and Bottoms it is recommended that you order a size smaller than you are unless you intend to wear body armor or bulky gear underneath.
- This is Fancy – This item has been deemed Fancy by the Cataloging Team.
- Desert Night Camo Pattern – Designed in the 1980’s, the pattern was intended to defeat Soviet Era first generation night vision equipment. The pattern was found to quickly be inadequate in effectiveness as night vision technology had advanced beyond the camos ability to disrupt and confuse. Manufacture and issue of the pattern stopped in the mid 1990s as a result. Saw limited use in the Gulf War and with US SOF units. These days it’s just a cool pattern.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).