These are fire resistant Gen IV Level 5 soft shell cold weather trousers used by US Army in their Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System (ECWCS). The pants are water, wind, and flame resistant and meant to be worn as an outer insulating layer. The pants have suspenders are well as belt loops for wear. There are cargo and hip pockets. On the waist and leg cuffs are zippered sections so that the pants can be put on and taken off while wearing boots. The pants are an outer layer fit that can replace the combat uniform pants or be worn over other insulating layers. These are great pants that can be worn in most conditions and offer good protection from the elements while staying lightweight and not bulky.
USED AND DEFECT CONDITIONS DO NOT include suspenders!
- 1/4 Length Pant Leg Zipper – Pants legs have a 1/4 length zipper from the bottom. This aides when donning and doffing the pants while wearing shoes.
- Wind Resistant – This is wind resistant which means that it helps break the wind and keep the wearer warmer.
- Water Resistant – It can be submerged or exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water.
- Flame Resistant – Will not catch fire when exposed to flames. It will burn but it will not drip or catch fire.
- Pant Cargo Pockets – Has large pockets for bulky items on the pants legs.
- Part Of The ECWCS Clothing System – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments.
- Lightweight Construction – Built with lightweight materials for extended use.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).