These ILCE compass and first aid pouches were used in the US military. These pouches hold one military issued lensatic compass, or small medical items. You can also store similarly sized compasses, as well as small items that need an individual pouch. The pouch mounts to ALICE compatible gear with the included ALICE clip.
These pouches saw many decades of use and slight design iterations. The ILCE versions are made of canvas.
- ILCE System – Individual Load Carrying Equipment, M1956. This system was adopted after the Korean War to replace the WW2 and previous era equipment that was standard across the US Military. The equipment was developed to be used in the possibility of a European war against the USSR. The basic issue of the equipment consisted of a pistol belt, suspenders, two ammo pouches, canteen pouch, E Tool pouch, sleeping bag carrier and a field pack. M1956 equipment was used through the Vietnam War and after it as basic issue. During the Vietnam War its replacement, ALICE gear, would be issued alongside it. By the time of the Vietnam War it had undergone some improvements and was referred to as LLCE M1956, Lightweight Load Carrying Equipment. Further improvements would fall under the M1967 pattern and were made of lighter nylon material.
- ALICE Compatible – This item uses the ALICE, All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, system. This system was used by the US Military starting in 1973 and was replaced with MOLLE gear. The system uses simple metal clips (slide, belt keepers) to mount pouches and accessories to webbing on gear and equipment.
- Includes One ALICE Clip – This includes one metal ALICE clip that allow the user to attach it to ALICE compatible gear.
- Pouch Button Snaps – Has button snaps that securely close flaps.
- Made from Heavy Canvas Material – This is made from a heavy canvas material for extra protection and durability.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).