This is a M1967 pattern quad 20 round magazine pouch that was used in the US Military. The pouch was designed to carry the 20 round magazine for the newly adopted M16 rifle during the Vietnam War. The pouch was needed due to the M1956 Universal Ammo Pouch being too tall to properly store the short magazines. The pouch has a buckle closure flap and there are straps on both sides to attaching hand grenades. When four mags are stored in the pouch they can be hard to get out, so there is a strap that is placed under the first mag to make pulling it out easier. The pouch can be mounted to any ALICE compatible gear. There is an adjustable strap for attaching the pouch to web gear suspenders when mounted to the belt to help with distributing the weight. These pouches were used during the Vietnam War alongside the M1956 Ammo Pouch and were phased out after the 30 round mag became widely available. The pouch was replaced with the M1972 pattern triple mag pouch.
These pouches WILL NOT fit 30 round mags!!
- M1967 LCE System – The M1967 Lightweight Load Carrying System would come as a result of needed improvements to the M1956 ILCE System. One of the largest changes was the material used for the web gear. The heavy cotton used absorbed water greatly and increased the weight of the web gear significantly. Due to the humid and wet environment of Vietnam the M1967 LCE System was created using lightweight nylon that did not absorb water at such a great amount. Combined with a faster dry time the new web gear would lighten the overall weight of the system as well. All existing pouches in the M1956 lay out would be redesigned to be made in nylon and with newer, more up to date, features while following the same load out. The M1967 pattern of gear would be issued piece meal till 1970, so most US Troops would mix and match M1956 and M1967 patterns of gear as it came available.
- ALICE Compatible – This item uses the ALICE, All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, system. This system was used by the US Military starting in 1973 and was replaced with MOLLE gear. The system uses simple metal clips to mount pouches and accessories to webbing on gear and equipment.
- Buckle Closure – This has a buckle closure to secure the contents inside.
- Fits 4, 20 Round M16 Mags – Securely holds up to 4 M16 20 round mags.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).