This is a level 1, “silk weight”, thermal base layer that was used in the US Army. The base layer is moisture wicking, breathable and lightweight. It helps keep you warm and dry while moving around and sitting. The level 1 base layer is very durable and can be worn like compression clothing with it tight against your skin, or more loosely depending on your preference. The Gen III ECWCS design allows moisture to escape and at the same time has water-resistant properties.
- ECWCS Level 1 – The level 1 base layer is worn next to the skin and provides basic insulation and moisture wicking. This layer is highly breathable and is constructed with Polartec technology. Designed to wick away moisture, this layer is also highly breathable and the pieces dry very fast.
- Part Of The ECWCS Clothing System – This is part of the US Army Extended Cold Weather Clothing System that is used to protect the wearer from cold to extreme cold weather situations and environments.
- Moisture Wicking – Garment wicks away moisture which decreases drying time of the material and less soaking.
- Breathable – Breathable means it allows moisture to escape to help keep the wear dry even when sweating.
- Lightweight Construction – Built with lightweight materials for extended use.
- Water Resistant – It can be exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water. Generally not recommended to submerge Water Resistant items unless item is made for that level of exposure.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: US Army Issue – This item is genuine US Army issue.