This fleece jacket is similar to the level 3 fleece jacket but far more durable! Polartec combines their Thermal Pro Technology with flame resistant fabric. This fleece liner goes perfectly under other military issue jackets such as the level 7 jackets and can be used for air and vehicle crews as well as welders, construction workers and anyone else working in dangerous flammable environments.
- Flame Resistant – Will not catch fire when exposed to flames. It will burn but it will not drip or catch fire.
- Zip Up Shirt – This shirt is a zip up, which means that the front is closed with a zipper.
- Exterior Hook and Loop Fields – There is hook and loop on the outside of the pouch for attaching ID and other patches.
- ECWCS Level 3 – This layer consists of a fleece jacket that, all you Alaska guys better read this next part, that is approved for wear as an outer garment. Intended to be worn as the primary layer in moderate to cold climates. The fleece is an insulating outer layer that is breathable, quick drying and lightweight. Can be worn over Level 1 & 2 layers or as is.
- Polartec Thermal FR – Permanently flame resistant material that is warm and lightweight. Dries quickly and is breathable.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: US Army Issue – This item is genuine US Army issue.
Michael Freehling (verified owner) –
Haven’t seen much info on these, so I didn’t know what to expect with fleece that is 79% Nomex. Fabric weight and feel is very similar/same as “normal” fleece, but even softer, with nice abrasion-resistant patches on the elbow/forearm area. No exterior pockets, but 2 nice big mesh pockets on the inside. The 3 I received look nearly new. Was mainly looking for a jacket that I could wear around campfires w/o getting holes in it.