This is a poncho that was used in the US Military. The US Military in general no longer issues ponchos and they have been replaced by tarps. The basic design of the poncho used in the US Military has been around for a very long time, that’s because it just plain works. The poncho can be worn and has an adjustable hood, and it can also be used as a tarp to cover gear and yourself. When used as a tarp the hood needs to be tightened all the way down so as to not let rain in. Around the edges of the tarp are grommets for tying the poncho down as well as button snaps for connecting multiple together to form a larger shelter. When worn the poncho is larger enough to cover your body and backpack and most everything else worn. These are great for general use, emergency preparedness, camping and hiking.
7 ft. x 5 ft.
- Waterproof – Waterproof means that it will not absorb water or be damaged when submerged in water.
- Windproof – It will help break the wind an hold warmth even in windy weather.
- Hood With Adjustable Drawstring – This item has a hood with an adjustable drawstring.
- Grommeted Corners And Edges – This item has grommets along the edges and corners for attaching ties downs and setting up for use.
- Button Snap Adapters – Button snaps for interfacing with compatible USGI bags and gear.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).