This is a FREE IWOL vest that was used in the US Army and is typically worn by aircrew members and fuelers. The vest is fire resistant and fleece lined for wear over other clothing layers. There are zippered waist and chest pockets and fields for name and rank tapes. The vest is a great outer layer for when needing FR protection in the cold.
- FREE Clothing System – Part of the Fire Resistant Environmental Ensemble. FREE is a system of fire resistant clothing and accessories for wear by combat vehicle crewman and aircrew members.
- Front Pocket – This item has front pocket(s).
- Exterior Hook and Loop Fields – There is hook and loop on the outside of the pouch for attaching ID and other patches.
- Zip Up Shirt – This shirt is a zip up, which means that the front is closed with a zipper.
- IWOL Clothing – Part of the Intermediate Weather Outer Layer System that is part of the FREE clothing system. Clothing is intended for use in cold weather conditions while providing FR protection.
- Water Resistant – It can be submerged or exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water.
- Wind Resistant – This is wind resistant which means that it helps break the wind and keep the wearer warmer.
- 4-Way Stretch Fabric – Clothing material is made of a 4-Way stretch fabric for improved flexibility and comfort.
- Massif – This item was manufactured by Massif.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: US Army Issue – This item is genuine US Army issue.