These parkas can NOT be shipped to PO boxes. Orders to PO boxes will be cancelled and refunded.
The N-3B parka, also known as the Snorkel Parka, was developed in the 1950’s for use by Air Force flight crews stationed in extremely cold static areas. The parka was designed for use down to -60 degrees Fahrenheit, with other layers worn underneath. The nickname “snorkel parka” comes from the hood being able to be zipped up to where only a small part of the wearers face is exposed. The parkas are wind proof and are lined with polyester, making them light for the level of warmth they provide. Early versions of the parka (not these ones) were lined with wool and the hoods were lined with real fur. Later production would switch to synthetic lining and wool blends for the hood. The parkas are ¾ length, so they cover past the wearers waist and have a draw string that can be adjusted for best fit around the waist. On the front are four pockets with button snap closure. The parka has a zippered front with a buttoned storm flap for extra protection. This is a great jacket for the coldest days when outside working or just walking around town.
Used have some discoloration from long term storage! Please note these are NOT waterproof.
Outer: 100% Cotton
Fur: 60% Modacrylic, 40% Wool
Knit: 100% Acrylic
Overall Length: 33″
Overall Length: 33″
Overall Length: 30″
- Water Resistant – It can be submerged or exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water.
- Windproof – It will help break the wind an hold warmth even in windy weather.
- Outer Layer Clothing – Clothing is sized to fit over other clothing of the same size. For example, if you select size Medium, it will fit over base layers in size Medium. Outer Layer Clothing worn stand alone will fit typically one size up.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USAF Issue – This item is genuine US Air Force issue.
- Dry Clean Only – Clothing or gear is recommended to be dry cleaned only.