SPEED SPEED SPEED. The USMC Speed Reload Pouch is made for speed. The pouch is streamlined for speed with a slick front, easy to open retention strap and while the interior is lined with grippy material it’s still easy to draw a mag out of. The hook and loop retention flap can be secured in a stowed (down) position, so no need to worry about it if you aren’t going to use the strap. The interior of the pouch is lined with a sorta leathery feeling material that grips metal mags well, a loaded one will still stay secure inside it even when upside down, but is still slick enough for speed. Mount the pouch to the front of your kit, the side, your belt or wherever you fancy to mount it.
Oh, polymer mags don’t get along to well with this pouch. Not much speed as they fit very tightly and the retention flap will not fit over them due to them being a slight bit taller.
- Fits 1 USGI 5.56mm Magazines – Fits one (1) Standard Issue USGI Aluminum 5.56mm magazine.
- Additional Hook and Loop Flap – Includes a hook and loop flap for closing the pouch in addition to the primary way of closing the pouch.
- MOLLE Compatible – This item is compatible with MOLLE webbing.
- 2 MOLLE Straps – This pouch has 2 MOLLE straps to attach it to MOLLE webbing.
- Pouch Drainage Grommet – This pouch has a drainage grommet at the bottom of the pouch. This allows water to drain from the pouch in wet environments and keeps you from getting weighed down by accumulated water.
- 725 Denier – This is made from 725 Denier material which is a heavy duty canvas type material that allows it to be water and abrasion resistant. It is lighter weight than 1000 Denier and dries quicker when wet.
- This is Fancy – This item has been deemed Fancy by the Cataloging Team.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: USMC Issue – This item is genuine US Marine Corps issue.
T (verified owner) –
I bought 3 of these and have only had them a few days but they are great for the money. They have firm retention but it relaxes alittle once you set them with a magazine loaded overnight. A deliberate tug will get your mag out. I just folded the top strap onto the front but its nice to have it as an option. I plan on getting a few more.
Troy Johnson (verified owner) –
I bought 2 of these in “defective” condition, and although they have some wear they could easily pass as used. I have not had a chance to test them out in action yet, but upon arrival PMAGS are a little tight, but SS/Aluminum USGI type mags fit perfectly. These are great pouches
Parker Huber (verified owner) –
Just about the perfect retention for average everyday use. Enough that I have no concerns of mags jumping out of the pouches from running or being tossed around while riding in a utility vehicle but not too much to the point that I feel like I’m going to tear out the stitching just to get to a mag. Plus you really can’t beat the price. Top quality surplus from a top quality company.
Jay (verified owner) –
Ordered three used pouches, and they appear to be brand new. Very happy with my purchase. Works great with USGI mags, a little tight for PMAGs.
Soaking them in water with a mag inserted and a couple pens, then letting them dry loosens them up just enough for a PMAG to work perfectly.
Lt_Evident (verified owner) –
These pouches are super cheap for the quality that they are. Magazines fit snugly and the pouch works excellent on a belt or cummerbund.
“Used” condition was in like-new shape with the only noticeable marks or wear being a slight blue stain on the inside of the pouch. Would recommend anyone to grab a few of these while cheap and available.
Gary Corbin (verified owner) –
Ordered 3 of these defective khaki.
There is no defect with them at all. The Velcro is in great condition and the cloth outer and straps still retain a great color and stiff condition.
Max (verified owner) –
Yep, ditto what everyone else has said….these are great. The “used” are plenty good enough for my needs. Get some.
TeamInvictusTX (verified owner) –
Well made…great price point and outstanding customer service as usual. We use them as tourniquet holders…nice snug fit…flap covers the tourniquet and keeps it from degrading under the sun. And yes…both types of mags fit perfectly as stated by other reviewers.