This is a boonie cap from Propper. These sun hats are a great way to keep the sun of your face and neck during sunny days and for general outdoor wear too. The brim is thickly sewn to keep its shape, while staying floppy for easy packing and storage. The vent holes in the main cap portion of the hat let air flow easily, helping to keep you cool. Keeping it on when it’s windy is easy with the adjustable drawstring on the hat. Around the cap is loose webbing loops for holding small items, like local vegetation. This cap is made of a 60/40 Poly/Cotton Ripstop material for added durability and long wear life.
- GI Style – GI Style means these are similar to the USGI item and matches the issued item in look and function. May not be compatible with all USGI accessories for the issued items.
- Ripstop Material – Ripstop is a method in which the material is woven in away to make it resistant to tearing and ripping.
- Mesh Vent Holes – There are mesh vent holes to help with air flow and drainage of water.
- Hat Drawstring – This hat has an adjustable drawstring that can be secured under the wearers chin to prevent movement from the hat and to keep the hat from being blown off by the wind.
- Loose Webbing Loops – There are loose webbing loops for attaching items to the gear or clothing. Typically used to attach local vegetation for added camo.
- Propper – Manufactured by Propper. Propper is the largest contract holder for clothing and boots for the United States Marine Corps. They previously made some of the woodland and desert BDU uniforms for the US Military. While they don’t manufacture the current US Army Uniform, they do manufacture aftermarket equivalents that are acceptable for duty use. They have a long history of quality military products.
Country of Manufacture: Haiti – Made in Haiti.
Issue Type: Aftermarket – This is a military style item that is not issued within the Military.
- This is NOT Military Surplus – This item is aftermarket and not issued to the military by the US Government. It is NOT military surplus.