This is a BDU style uniform shirt from Propper in the USMC Woodland MARPAT camo. The coat has four button flapped pockets on the front, just like a standard BDU coat. The sleeve cuffs are adjustable with buttons and the elbows are reinforced. BDU style coats are great for general purpose outdoor and work wear.
- Ripstop Material – Ripstop is a method in which the material is woven in away to make it resistant to tearing and ripping.
- MARPAT Camouflage – After seeing the effectiveness of the new digital Canadian camo the US Marine Corps set about to create its own. In 2001 the USMC would develop and adopt the MARPAT family of camo patterns. Marine Pattern would have a woodland, desert and winter variation, with miniature USMC EGA symbols “stamped” into the pattern. While the USMC claims the pattern is based off its own research and development the pattern, minus coloration, is extremely similar to the Canadian CADPAT camo that was the inspiration for adopting a digital camo in the first place. With the adoption of MARPAT the USMC would also introduce the MCCU Uniform, replacing the BDU completely. Aside from certain pieces of individual equipment, in service MARPAT is used mainly on combat uniforms and accessories.
- Clothing Button Closure – Has buttons for the closure.
- Adjustable Sleeve Cuffs – Sleeves have either a button or hook and loop adjustable cuff for fit and wear.
- Chest Pockets – Has pockets on the front of the chest.
- GI Style – GI Style means these are similar to the USGI item and matches the issued item in look and function. May not be compatible with all USGI accessories for the issued items.
- Propper – Manufactured by Propper. Propper is the largest contract holder for clothing and boots for the United States Marine Corps. They previously made some of the woodland and desert BDU uniforms for the US Military. While they don’t manufacture the current US Army Uniform, they do manufacture aftermarket equivalents that are acceptable for duty use. They have a long history of quality military products.
Country of Manufacture: Haiti – Made in Haiti.
Issue Type: Aftermarket – This is a military style item that is not issued within the Military.
- This is NOT Military Surplus – This item is aftermarket and not issued to the military by the US Government. It is NOT military surplus.