This is a level 1 Polartec silk weight, thermal set that was used in the US Military. These are a part of the Gen II ECWCS. The set includes a top and bottom. The thermals are lightweight and moisture wicking with a great dry time. The top has thumb holes on the sleeve cuffs for keeping your hands warmer and the pants have an elastic waist. These silks are a great base layer for any cold weather layering system and breath so that you don’t overheat while staying warm. These are similar to the ninja suits used for winter sports.
These are a part of the Gen II ECWCS.
- ECWCS Level 1 – These are base layers meant to be worn in a variety of temperatures and form the base for all ECWCS layers. Material is quick drying, moisture wicking, breathable and lightweight. Layers consist of a top and bottom that are typically tight fitting to help with insulation as well as breathability.
- Top & Bottom Set – Set includes matching size set of top and bottom.
- Moisture Wicking – Garment wicks away moisture which decreases drying time of the material and less soaking.
- Breathable – Breathable means it allows moisture to escape to help keep the wear dry even when sweating.
- Quick Drying – Material is quick drying.
- Polartec – The material used for these is made by Polartec and assembled by various manufacturers. Polartec is known for their innovative and cutting edge technology used in the fabrics they design and manufacture. Polartecs line of cold weather and flame resistant fabrics are among the highest quality and most trusted in the world.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the #1 country, the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).
AidenT (verified owner) –
I was waiting for the temperatures to get lower to use these because of how up and down the weather has been. But the wind and cold came and this baselayer set performed amazingly. The silk weight feel is mind boggling to me compared to the cheap cotton long johns I was used to. Definitely worth getting if you prefer light weight and less constricting feel under your already bulkier cold weather gear.
Silk weight. Classic “Ninja suit”. Very warm – you will likely overheat in any temps above 30 degrees and doing strenuous activity.