This is the standard issue canteen pouch used in the US Military. This style of canteen pouch, with updates every so often, has been around for around 100 years now. So it works pretty well. It securely holds a USGI 1 Quart Canteen and Canteen Cup with an adjustable strap that wraps around the shoulders of the canteen. When that strap is placed through the flap on the pouch the pouch turns into a good general purpose pouch for holdings small items, like NVGs. The opening on the pouch can be tightened down with the adjustable shock cord. On the sides of the pouch are small pockets for holding water purification or other small items, like batteries. This will mount pretty much anywhere, so long as it’s MOLLE webbing or something MOLLE compatible.
- Fits 1 Quart Canteen – This fits the standard military issue 1 quart canteen.
- Buckle Closure – This has a buckle closure to secure the contents inside.
- Small General Purpose Pockets – Small pockets on pouch can fit small items.
- General Purpose Pouch – This pouch can be used as a general purpose pouch to hold similarly sized items, that you need easy access to, on your kit or gear.
- MOLLE Compatible – This item is compatible with MOLLE webbing.
- 2 MOLLE Straps – This pouch has 2 MOLLE straps to attach it to MOLLE webbing.
- Water Resistant – It can be exposed to water for a short period of time without being damaged or saturated with water. Generally not recommended to submerge Water Resistant items unless item is made for that level of exposure.
- Pouch Drainage Grommet – This pouch has a drainage grommet at the bottom of the pouch. This allows water to drain from the pouch in wet environments and keeps you from getting weighed down by accumulated water.
- 1000 Denier Material – Made from 1000 Denier material which is a heavy duty canvas type material that allows it to be water and abrasion resistant. This makes it extra durable.
- Various Government Contractors – This item is manufactured for the US government by various contractors.
Country of Manufacture: USA – This product is manufactured in the USA.
Issue Type: USGI – These are genuine US government issued items made to military specification (mil-spec).